“Dentist Near Me” and “Dental Clinic Near Me” are the top two most commonly used search strings when people look for a new dentist online. This reflects how important convenience and proximity are to most people in today’s world. Unfortunately, this kind of a search will give you a few websites based predominantly on geography. Most customer surveys show that people are, in fact, interested in a Dentist that is a whole lot more than just close by. So then why not tailor your online search to reflect your other preferences?
Below, I will provide a few simple tips for conducting a better search for a new Dentist.
Dental Clinic Near Me: Modifiers
You can add any number of words in front of “dental clinic near me” to increase the likelihood of connecting with a Dental Office that meets your needs. Here are some more focused search strings:
- Top-Rated Dental Clinic Near Me. This type of search will usually yield a list of nearby offices with good to great Google ratings. Browse these reviews to see what it is that people like about the office. From there, you can determine if those things are important to you as well.
- Best Dental Clinic Near Me. This search gets you similar results to the one directly above.
- Direct Billing Dental Clinic Near Me. Direct billing means that the dentist collects treatment costs from your insurance provider at the time of billing. You pay only the co-payment (if any). So, direct billing offices help you to not have to pay full treatment costs (often large sums of money) at your appointments.
- (Same-Day) Emergency Dental Clinic Near Me. Often people are looking for a dental clinic when they chip a tooth or wake up in the night with a toothache. Adding “Emergency” to your search string will help gather results for offices that provide prompt treatment.
- Dental Clinic Near Me with Evening Appointments. More and more people are looking to get their dental cleaning and treatment completed outside of work hours. And why not? So focus your search on offices that can accommodate your schedule if it’s important to you.
The search phrases that appear above are going to be far more helpful to you in identifying a few candidate dental offices that prioritize the same things that you do. From there, you can visit their respective websites. Focus on their clinic message and whether or not it resonates with you. For instance, a lot of offices are promising whiter, more beautiful teeth. If you want teeth that function well but aren’t necessarily concerned with cosmetics, these offices might not be the ideal fit for you. Other offices emphasize health, well-being, and properly functioning teeth. Perhaps those clinics are more appealing to you.
There is nothing wrong with clinics having different priorities! But just make sure you focus on finding your “Dental Clinic Near Me” that will deliver the things that are important to you.
Dental Clinic Near Me: Arranging a “Meet & Greet”
Once you have narrowed your search to 2-3 candidate offices, reach out to see if they will provide a complimentary “Meet & Greet” appointment. A lot of offices do this now and it’s a great opportunity for you to meet staff and Dentist. It’s also a great way to get a “feel” for the facility.
I find that patients get the most out of these meetings when they bring a few questions. They may also have a dental problem or concern and will use the appointment to get a second opinion. When you bring a question or concern to the candidate Dentist, you get to see how they think. Also, you will be able to see if their priorities and ways of thinking are similar to yours. And, furthermore, you’ll get a feel for their style. Do they like to listen a lot? Do they ask you lots of questions while giving you the opportunity to speak and share ideas? You’ll find this out easily if you plan ahead and bring questions with you.
So, I’ve given you lots of information but don’t worry, finding the right Dentist for you doesn’t have to be a daunting task. But, don’t limit yourself by just searching for a “dentist near me” online. If you simply remember to write down a few key priorities ahead of time, then you can include them in that online search. Importantly, I recommend that you narrow your search to 2-3 offices and then pursue a Meet & Greet appointment. Chatting with a candidate Dentist is important because it will allow you to see how they think and how they communicate. Above all, take your time with your search and don’t be afraid to make a change if your initial choice turns out to not be the right fit.
Best of luck to you in your search!
By Dr. Kyle Hornby, Kitchener Dentist (Near Me)
If you would like to discuss dental care for your family or arrange a no-charge Meet & Greet appointment, give us a call at (519) 576-8160 or request a consult with me here. We would love the opportunity to show you what we’re all about!
This article is intended to promote understanding of and knowledge about general oral health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your Kitchener Dentist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a dental condition or treatment.